Do you want to apply for a credit card and get their sign-up bonus? Many credit cards give 100,000 points as their welcome bonus. Before discussing the top 15 credit cards with welcome bonuses of 100,000 points and more. We will see whether it’s worth applying for a credit card to get their sign-up bonus.
Things to consider when you apply for a credit card
1. Annual fee
The annual fee is the essential factor in choosing whether or not a card is worthwhile for you. So, the question is whether you will use the card enough to warrant the yearly charge. So this is one way to consider whether it’s worth it.
2. How much welcome bonus covers the yearly cost
Another way to look at it when adding a welcome bonus is to see how much it covers the yearly cost. For a $95 annual fee card, a card with 50,000 or 100,000 bonus points may pay up to ten years of annual fees. It’s essential to keep in mind that not all credit card bonus programs and points are made equal. The value of the points can change through a variety of redemption alternatives, such as shopping, statement credits, and trip plans.
3. Card’s long-term value
And guys, in addition to the welcome bonus, it’s essential to consider the card’s long-term value—mainly if it includes an annual charge. It’s not a good idea to acquire a card with a big bonus and then abandon it or keep it around if you don’t use the advantages often enough to warrant the annual cost.
So these are just a few of the factors to consider when determining if a credit card is worthwhile for you when considering the sign-up bonus amount, point value, and overall value is an excellent place to start. Now let’s see the credit cards that offer a welcome bonus of 100,000 and more points.
The American Express Platinum Card is more than simply a desired luxury travel credit card. It’s also a premium lifestyle card for almost every customer. You know what?! American Express has updated the Platinum Card with additional travel advantages and daily perks to help users get the most out of their eating, health, retail, and leisure expenditures.
Further, American Express is encouraging customers to buy and dine out. They are increasing benefits when they use their card at qualified small shops and restaurants.
- Updated the Platinum Card with additional travel advantages
- Amex believes that this new array of perks is worth up to $1,400 per year, which helps offset the additional annual charge of $695, up from $550.
- In addition to the enhanced features, American Express is providing a very significant sign-up bonus to new Platinum cardholders: When you spend $6,000 on purchases with the card in the first six months of membership, you can get 100,000 membership rewards points.
- During your first six months as a cardmember, get 10X points on qualifying purchases made with the card at restaurants throughout the world and when you buy small in the United States, on up to $25,000 in total expenditures.
- In addition, platinum Cardholders pay a more excellent price for new travel privileges and lifestyle advantages. The latest yearly price is $695, an increase of $145.
If you frequently travel for work or pleasure and want to take advantage of hotel loyalty program advantages, the Marriott Bonvoy program is a good choice. There are plenty of benefits, guys. Many of the perks you’d expect from a premium travel card include the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express.
- So after making $5,000 in eligible expenditures within the first three months of card membership, the card offers a vast welcome incentive of 150,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points and an extra Free Night Award. When reserving award nights, resort charges may apply.
- Many people may put off by the $450 annual charge for a hotel credit card. Still, the cost is justified by the $300 in statement credits you may get on qualified Marriott Bonvoy transactions, including hotel room rates.
- In addition, each account anniversary year, the card gives a free night at any location that may booked for a redemption level of 50,000 points or less.
- In addition, registration in the card includes Priority Pass Select lounge membership, which gives you and up to two traveling companions access to the lounge.
- And lastly, the card consists of a variety of extra travel-related insurance benefits common among many premium travel credit cards. They are supplementary car rental loss and damage insurance, trip cancellation, interruption insurance, and other safeguards and guidance that could be useful when traveling.
So for Marriott Bonvoy lovers, the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card is an excellent small-business card.
- It includes essential features. Including an annual free night at hotels worth up to 35,000 points and 15 elite night credits each year to help you achieve Marriott’s elite status faster.
- Suppose you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases in the first three months of card registration. It would help to get 125,000 bonus points and two free night awards worth up to 50,000 points each. After that, you only have to pay $125 annually.
This card is for customers who chose Marriott Bonvoy as their favorite hotel chain. It’s useful if you’re already a member of the Bonvoy reward program and are looking for a speedier method to earn points toward Gold, Platinum, Titanium, or Ambassador Elite status. It’s a little less adaptable as an all-around travel card because of the maximum points rate applied to hotel stays.
However, the hefty starting bonus and a variety of travel incentives available through the Bonvoy program more than make up for it. Aside from hotel bookings, it also boasts a great rewards rate per dollar on all other transactions.
- After spending $5,000 on purchases with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card in the first three months from account opening, you’ll receive 125,000 Bonus Points and 1 Free Night Award (the Free Night Award has a redemption value of up to 50,000 points).
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card is a terrific choice for regular Southwest Airlines customers looking for an entry-level credit card. It offers fewer benefits than Southwest’s higher-tier airline credit cards, but it comes with a lower annual fee and the same fantastic introductory bonus. In addition, its rewards rate is comparable to that of its high-end siblings, and its purchasing power is comparable to that of competing airlines’ no-annual-fee cards.
As with the other Rapid Rewards cards, the $69 annual fee on the Rapid Rewards Plus is cheap enough to be paid entirely by the card’s yearly benefits. This implies you’re receiving a good deal. Still, regular Southwest travelers may easily justify upgrading to a top-tier Southwest card or a premium general-purpose travel credit card for extra value and flexibility.
- The Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card now comes with a generous bonus of up to 100,000 points in the first year.
- You need to spend $2,000 on purchases within the first three months to earn the first 50,000 points, and you will get the second set of 50,000 points after spending a total of $12,000 on purchases within the first 12 months.
- You must not have another Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card or have received a new card member incentive from the Southwest Rapid Rewards program in the last 24 months to be eligible.
If you’re shopping for an airline credit card, you’re probably hoping to get some benefits in exchange for your brand loyalty. The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card meets the mark by providing a slew of benefits for a low annual fee. Auto rental damage collision insurance, baggage delay, and lost luggage insurances, roadside assistance, and travel accident insurance are just a few of the extras included with the card. So the Rapids Rewards Premier card might fit your demands like a very well saddle—just right—if you want to commit to the Southwest Rapid Rewards environment. But don’t want to be tied down by a high annual fee.
- Low annual fee of $99
- After spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening, you’ll get 50,000 bonus points, plus another 50,000 after spending $12,000 on purchases in the next 12 months.
This credit card is the most costly of Southwest Airlines’ consumer credit cards, but you won’t earn any greater benefits or a bigger sign-up bonus because of the substantially higher annual fee. Instead, it grants access to a slew of potentially useful perks, making it the ideal card for frequent Southwest flyers. But, aside from the sign-up incentive, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card justifies its higher charge in other ways. Their annual fee is $149.
- You can earn up to a $1500 welcome bonus.
- Earn 50,000 extra points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of your account’s existence and another 50,000 bonus points after spending $12,000 in the first year. This is the same sign-up incentive as other, less expensive Southwest consumer cards.
Suppose you spend a lot of money in the bonus categories, want a card that participates in the Ultimate Rewards program, or want a business card with a low annual fee. In that case, the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Credit Card is a good option. However, if you want to receive this card, you need to spend at least $5,000 each month or have some large business costs coming up, given the $15,000 minimum spending requirement for the sign-up bonus.
- Just spend $15,000 in the first three months after creating your account to earn 100k bonus points.
- When redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, that’s $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel.
- Chase Ultimate Rewards, which are incredibly versatile, are earned on the Ink Business Preferred. Your points may redeemed for cash, a statement credit, gift cards, products, and Chase-curated experiences, or you can use them to make purchases directly on Amazon.com and Apple.
- low annual fee of $95.
This credit card from Chase comes with a sizable welcome bonus: Earn 100,000 Avios after spending $5,000 on purchases during the first three months of account setup. While this may appear to be a fantastic bargain on the surface, the amount of money required to obtain the entire bonus and unlock all of the advantages may be prohibitive for some.
- The yearly charge for the Iberia Visa Card is $95 per year which is low. The first year’s price is not waive, and there is no extra charge to add authorized users.
- After spending $5,000 on purchases during the first three months after account opening, the Iberia Visa Signature Card offers 100,000 Avios. The 100k extra points are worth about $1,500 to us.
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card is a fantastic hotel credit card for anyone who frequents Hilton Hotels and wishes to get the most out of their Hilton Honors elite status. Although the card has a higher annual cost than the other Hilton co-branded cards, the yearly charge may easily justified if you use the various advantages and credits available. A yearly fee of $450 charges for the card which is quite high.
- After buying $4,000 on the card in the first three months of membership, you’ll get 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonuses.
- Every card anniversary also gives away a free weekend night, and with $60,000 spent in a calendar year, it gives out another.
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card can provide you with both hotel elite status and excellent travel benefits. In addition to these perks, the card comes with a free weekend night award after spending $15,000 in a calendar year, which may be worth hundreds of dollars. You’ll discover that this card provides unrivaled value year after year.
- Relatively low annual cost $95
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card is a premium hotel card worth considering if you’re a regular Hilton guest.
- After spending $2,000 on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card in the first three months of membership, you may receive 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Additionally, after spending $10,000 on the card in the first six months, you may earn an extra 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
Although American Express offers four Hilton cards, the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is the only Hilton small business card. There is presently a welcome incentive of up to 180,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points available.
- Spend $2,000 on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first three months of card registration to get 130,000 bonus points.
- Plus, after spending $10,000 on the card in the first six months, you may earn an extra 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- For a card with a $95 annual fee, that’s an excellent deal. While you won’t get a free night just for having the card, if you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases in a calendar year, you’ll get a free Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors.
- After spending $60,000 in a calendar year, you may receive a second free Weekend Night Reward.
The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card should be a must-credit card for anyone who frequently stays at IHG properties. The card is definitely worth the low cost. It sounds so cool, right?! You can also take advantage of a substantial welcome offer on this card right now.
- $0 Initial Annual Fee during the first year, afterward by $89.
- Get 150,000 extra points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months after creating your account.
- This offer is good for two free nights at one of this brand’s higher-end hotels, and when combined with the fourth-night-free advantage, it might make for a memorable weekend.
The American Express Business Platinum Card® is a high-end small business card. Although the minimum spending criteria for a welcome bonus is substantial, Membership Rewards points are particularly beneficial because of their flexibility. While there is a $595 yearly cost, it is well worth it.
- After spending $15,000 on qualifying purchases with the card within the first three months of card membership, new users can earn 120,000 Membership Rewards points.
For individuals who want to get the most out of British Airways’ partner mileage redemption reward program, the British Airways Visa Signature® Card is a terrific option. It frequently gives a significant welcome bonus, providing for outsized value. In addition, the possibility of earning a companion ticket for more significant spenders adds to the attraction for someone who travels over the pond regularly. One of the biggest reasons to register for the British Airways Visa Signature Card is the hefty sign-up bonus.
- After spending $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account setup, you may receive 100,000 Bonus Avios.
- It carries a moderate $95 annual fee.
So, here are the best 15 credit cards with 100,000-point welcome bonuses and more. I hope now you know what credit card you should get before applying for it. We have previously discussed more details regarding the 5 best credit cards for 2022. It would worth for you. Well, I thought to stop by this. So, don’t forget to share the article.