The United Explorer Card isn’t your regular airline credit card. However, it is filled with Premium perks with low fee. Besides the standard airline credit card perks like free checked baggage and priority boarding, the United Explorer gives additional more-premium advantages, such as two annual one-time United Club tickets, a Global Entry, or a TSA PreCheck application fee credit and outstanding travel coverage. Exciting to know more details. Then, this is for you guys.
What is United Explorer Card?
The United Explorer Card is possibly Chase’s most popular co-branded United Airlines credit card. This is a consumer card. It gives benefits that can be handy whether you’re a frequent United traveler. Also benefits for people who only travel with the airline every once in a while.
For example, the United Explorer Card delivers a welcome bonus of 60,000 additional MileagePlus miles. You can obtain this after making purchases that are worth $3,000 on every single purchase in the initial three months of card enrollment.
Premium Perks : United Explorer Card
- There are premium perks like an up-to-$100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee statement credit.
- Two yearly one-time lounge visits, and free checked baggage.
- Its low $95 annual price.
- This mid-tier United card is now delivering a significant welcome bonus that’s worth $780, based on TPG valuations.
- What’s more, its starting yearly fee is $0 the first year, then $95.
The welcome bonus of United Explorer Card
- The United Explorer Card is now granting 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases made in the initial three months of account activation.
While this is not the card’s highest-ever bonus. It is still up there and does not contain any strange or graded spending conditions. So use it to make $3,000 in purchases in the first three months. Then you can obtain all those miles.
Who are not eligible for the welcome bonus
The reward is worth up to $780, based on TPG’s most current calculations. Unfortunately, the welcome bonus on the United Explorer Card isn’t accessible to the following individuals.
- Individuals who hold the card
- Those who have earned a new cardmember bonus on the card in the prior 24 months.
But regardless, you are eligible for this card if you have or have owned another United Airlines credit card.
How to earn Rewards
The Explorer Card contains different categories that some may find helpful. Here’s the card’s rewards system.
- Can earn 2x miles on United purchases
- 2x miles in restaurants
- Earn 2x miles at hotels
- Earn 1x miles on all other transactions.
There are better credit cards for airline purchases, restaurants, and daily spending, although some individuals may find those areas to be handy.
Premium perks with low fee : United Explorer Card
Apart from the welcome bonus and rewards structure on the United Explorer Card. There are also important to learn about the amenities supplied by this specific card. That’s the main reason you’ll want to consider this card. Hence, for many individuals, the other advantages are more beneficial than covering the annual charge.
Benefit 1 – No Foreign Transaction Fees
The United Airlines Explorer Card has no international transaction fees. So this is a wonderful card to use for shopping overseas. In addition, Visa has strong worldwide acceptability. Further, you may even find yourself earning extra miles for purchases overseas. This also includes purchases made at public dinings and hotels.
Benefit 2 – First luggage checks accessible and receive two united club passes
The United Explorer Card main cardmember and one companion flying on the same reservation get a standard free first checked bag. You have to pay for your ticket using your United Airlines credit card to be eligible for this.
- United costs $35 for a first checked bag. Therefore this is a value of up to $140 on a roundtrip ticket.
- For owning the Explorer Card, you earn two United Club passes yearly. This covers the year where you open your card and any later years. These will immediately be placed into your MileagePlus account within four weeks.
- In addition, you’ll earn 25 percent back in the method of an account statement credit on purchases made on food, drinks, and Wi-Fi, aboard United and United Express flights.
- You can get a first checked bag free on United-managed flights for you and one passenger on the same reservation.
- A first checked bag generally costs $35 each way, so that this bonus may save you at least $70 every roundtrip.
- You must mention your MileagePlus number in your reservation and pay for the flight using the Explorer Card to earn this bonus.
Benefit 3 – Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check credit
- The United Explorer Card grants a Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check credit every four years. Charge them the $85-100 registration cost to your card, and it will instantly be repaid.
Nowadays, quite a few credit cards give these charge credits, so you may always utilize this advantage for a friend or family member. They merely have to use your credit card to pay, and you’ll immediately get the statement credit.
You and your companions enjoy priority boarding on United and United Express flights for possessing the United Explorer Card. You may board before public boarding, following customers with Premier Access and those needing special assistance. This would be in Group 2.
Benefit 4 – Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection access
- Get significant on-property advantages such as complimentary breakfast and room upgrades when you book hotel stays with Chase’s Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection.
- Finally, the United Explorer Card comes with a broad set of travel and retail protections that closely mirror the Chase Sapphire Preferred Cards.
Benefit 5 – Auto rental collision damage waiver
This is among the few cards that provide main rental coverage. This implies that when you rent a car using your card, you may refuse the rental car company’s collision insurance and be protected by the card – up to the vehicle’s cash value — in the instance of theft or accident damage.
Benefit 6 – Trip cancellation/interruption protection
If you pay for a trip using your card and it is canceled, interrupted, or prolonged for a covered cause, you may be refunded up to $1,500 per person and up to $6,000 per trip.
Benefit 7 – Trip Delay & Lost Luggage Protection
The United Explorer Card provides several protection features while traveling, presuming you pay for transactions using your card. For example, trip Cancellation & Vacation Interruption Insurance to be compensated up to $1,500 per person and $6,000 per trip when your trip is canceled, delayed or postponed due to illness, extreme weather, etc.
Benefit 8 – Trip Delay Reimbursement
- If your flight got delayed more than 12 hours or requires you to stay overnight. Then you and your family can compensate and cover for the inconveniences, expenditures, such as food and housing, up to $500 per ticket.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement is paid up to $3,000 per person if you or your immediate family member check or carry on baggage damaged or lost by an airline.
- In addition, baggage Delay Insurance can be compensated up to $100 per day for three days for necessary purchases when your suitcase got delayed by over six hours.
Benefit 9 – Two one-time United Club passes.
- Receive two one-time United Club passes placed into your MileagePlus account per year of card membership.
- This perk alone is worth $118 per year since day passes at the lounge cost $59 apiece with a same-day boarding ticket.
In addition, get Group 2 boarding for you and your friends going on the same reservation when you submit your MileagePlus number. This means your board after Premier Platinum, Premier Gold, and Star Alliance Gold members. Further, those sitting in United Polaris, first-class and business class. But before most of the other passengers in the economy without elite status. This is particularly beneficial for people prone to purchase primary economy tickets. Hence you’ll also be exempt from the carry-on luggage limitations. So you will want to get on the aircraft. At the same time, there’s still overhead space available.
Benefit 10 – Is The United Explorer Card Worth It?
While we normally wouldn’t advocate using the United Explorer Card for your daily spending. Then this is one of the most acceptable airline credit cards with unique features and a fair yearly fee. If you’re a United elite member, you will obtain advantages from the United Club passes, greater award availability,
- 25% discounts on inflight purchases, Global Entry credit, enhanced award availability, and upgrades on award tickets.
- If you’re not an elite member, then the first checked bag free, priority boarding, United Club tickets, discounts on inflight purchases, and more might come in useful.
- On the surface, I believe this to be the sub-$100 airline credit card with the most significant incentives.
- The annual charge is even eliminated for the first year, so this is a terrific chance to trial the card without ever having to pay a yearly fee to start.
Benefit 11 – Expanded award availability
As a cardholder, you’ll have increased access to book an award. May be it’s the final ticket on the aircraft. Further, it may notice economy award seats needing fewer miles when you check in to your MileagePlus account. United elite status qualification is based on Premier qualifying points and Premier qualifying flights.
- You’ll receive 500 PQPs for every $12,000 you spend on purchases with your Explorer Card that may be put toward your Premier status qualification, now up to the Premier 1K level.
- In addition, receive 25% off inflight United purchases when using your card, including Wi-Fi, food, and drinks.