American Express Platinum Credit Card® is offering you a generous welcome offer with 100,000 bonus points. You can have this offer by spending $6,000 within the first six months from obtaining the card membership.
This article will review whether it is worth applying the America Express Platinum Card® and the other perks.
How to apply for American Express Platinum Card®?
To apply for the American Express Platinum Credit Card®, you needed at least a 700 FICO score. However, in some instances, cards are approved with as low as 643. However, it is better to have a high level of FICO score to apply for the card. If you do not have your FICO score, you can check it by clicking this link.
How to Earn American Express Platinum Card® Points?
There are lots of ways to spend and earn American Express Platinum Credit Card® Points. Apart from the welcome bonus points, you are eligible to earn points in the below methods;
Earn 5X points
- You can earn 5X Membership Rewards® points with prepaid travel bookings through com. also, you can earn up to 5X points by direct flight bookings or flight booking via amextravel.com up to $500,000 per calendar year
- You can earn 5X points by booking selected hotels via amextravel.com
- In addition to these points earning methods, you are eligible to make 1 point per 1dollae spent with selected merchants.
Additionally, you can earn up to 10X points with the ShopSmall app. This offer is valid for the first six months from the account opening. You can earn 10X points with eligible purchases with the Platinum Card, restaurants worldwide, and when you Shop Small in the U.S. on up to $25,000 in combined assets.
More Perks and Benefits with American Express Platinum Credit Card®
$240 Digital Entertainment Credit
- When you purchase from Peacock, The New York Times, SiriusXM, Audible with your Platinum Credit Card, you will receive $20 cash back per month. The maximum cashback amount will be $240 per calendar year, and you have to enroll first for the benefit.
$155 Walmart+ Credit
- Cover the cost of monthly Walmart+ Membership fees of $12.95 with a statement credit after you pay the Walmart+ Membership fees with your American Express Platinum Credit Card.
- While paying UBER with your American Express Platinum Credit Card, you will receive $15 Uber cash for rides and eats. Also, you are eligible for an additional bonus of $20 in December. In addition to that, you can become a VIP member when applicable while not having minimum ride requirements. However, this will be valid up to primary cardholders only.
Save $300 with Equinox.
- When you pay with Equinox with the American Express Platinum credit card, you can have a $25 statement credit each month. This offer will be available for only selected membership categories and enrollment needed.
The Global Lounge Collection® with American Express Platinum Credit Card®
- American Express Global Lunge Collection® proved lounge facilities at 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries. The main partners of the Global Lounge program are AIR SPACE LOUNGE, Delta SkyLab, Lufthansa, PLAZA Premium Lounge, Escape Lounge, Priority Pass, and The Centurion Lounge.
Fine Hotels and Resorts Program® with American Express Platinum Credit Card®
- When you ever stay with any Fine Hotels and Resorts Program® property, you will receive a pack of perks if you book the hotel with American Express Platinum Credit Card. The average value you can enjoy at the properties is approximately $550 over 1,100 properties like daily breakfast for two, late checkouts, and an additional $100 to spend on unique features at the property.
Marriot Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status
- You will receive the Marriot Bonvoy Gold Elite status with the American Express Platinum Credit Card®. In addition, you can enjoy upgrades check-in when available.
Hilton Honors Gold Status
- As a Platinum Cardmember, you can enroll and receive complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status.
$179 credit for CLEAR®
- CLEAR® uses biometrics to assign a touchless I.D. This facility will allow you to move fast in selected airports and stadiums across the U.S. when you pay the membership fees with American Express Platinum Credit Card®; you will receive $179 worth of stamen credit.
Trip Delay and Trip Cancellation
- One of the elite features of the Platinum Credit Card is that your trip delays and expenses incurred with the trip delay can be reimbursed with the eligible credit card. For example, suppose your trip is delayed for more than 6 hours. In that case, Your Trip Delay insurance can cover expenses made due to the trip delay up to $500 if you booked the trip with an eligible cr4dit card.
- Also, suppose your trip was canceled due to unavoidable reasons. In that case, your trip cancellation insurance can help to cover up to $10,000 worth of non-refundable purchases if you booked the trip via an eligible credit card.
How to Redeem Your Points in American Express Platinum Credit Card®
We discussed how to earn points with the American Express Platinum Credit Card. Now we are going to discuss how to expand these points. There are lots of ways to get a valid value for your hard-earned points. Some of them are;
- Best buy
- NYC Taxi
So, when you go shopping, you can pay with your points via the above merchants and services.
Also, you can redeem your points for a gift card worth $100. these gift cards also can save for Air and Lodging, with American Express Cards, Rides (Uber), Dining, and retail with electronic items shopping. The complete list of ways to redeem points and gift cards can be found here.
The other way is to redeem the points you’ve earned to convert them to credit card charges. However, this offer will not be available for corporate cards. You can also book and upgrade flights and stay with the points you’ve earned. You can simply visit here and book your flight or the hotel with your points. When you redeem your Membership Rewards by transferring points to the Frequent Travel Program, you have a chance to choose a wide range of travel and hotel partners.
You just have to follow these three steps to redeem points vis Frequent Travel Program:
- Link Your Account
Link your loyalty account to Your Membership Rewards Account
- Select Amount to Redeem
Since all transfers vis this program is final, do not forget to look at the available points and the amount needed to book the flight or hotel before deciding.
- Redeem With the Provider
Just check with the Loyalty Program and enjoy the ride and stay with the selected service provider.
Also, most of these points can transfer 1:1ratio. The travel partners list is mentioned below for your easy reference.
- Aero Mexico Club Premier
- Aeroplan – Air Canada
- AIRFRANCE Flying Blue
- ALL Nippon
- Asia Miles
- British Airways
- DELTA – Sky Miles
- Emirates – Skywards
- Etihad Guest
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Iberia Plus
- Singapore – Krisflyrer
- Virgin Atlantic Airways
So, you might wander to read such a long list of travel partners. But it is why we recommend having Americal Express Platinum Credit Card for you.
Annual Fees and APR
The annual Percentage Rate of the American Express Platinum Credit Card® varies from 15.99% to 22.99%. It is based on the creditworthiness and other factors considered at the time of account opening. Also, APR for the cash advances is lying at 25.24%, and it will also vary based on the market rates at the particular time. This card also has several repayment options. You can either pay your bill in full or pay the minimum amount due and carry over the rest of the balance with interest. Also, you can use Plan It to purchase items in large amounts and repay the sum as monthly installments with a fixed fee.
So, we hope you got enough dose of the American Express Platinum Credit Card and make your decision. Whatever your decision is, please share with your friends and let us know your opinions and experiences.