Are you a person who travels on flights very frequently? Maybe a business trip or perhaps a vacation to see the world. But you think that your trips can go smoother without any hitch. Well, you are correct. Delta SkyMiles airline is now offering a Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express card.
What is Delta Airline Credit Card?
Delta airline is a popular airline. It is repeatedly recognized for perfection in every aspect. From passenger experience to customer service, performance to workplace culture. This airline service has won many awards for its excellence in providing its customers with the right and efficient service. In 2021, Delta won the Business Travel Awards one month after the United Kingdom reopened to fully vaccinated U.S. residents without quarantine. In addition, Delta was named Travel Partner of the Year – Global Airline in honor of our dedication to our customers’ health and safety throughout the epidemic.
What is Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express card?
Recently, Delta Airlines have collaborated with the American Express Financial company and has brought its new Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express card. This card is designed for travelers who fly with Delta frequently and want to level up their travel experience. If you are not a frequent customer or a low spender, it is better that you consider alternate options. Spending on the Card earns you Delta SkyMiles, which Delta and its partners can redeem for free flights. The card also includes perks like free checked baggage and access to Delta SkyClub and Amex Centurion airport lounges.
Valuable Welcome Offer
You’ll be able to get a fantastic welcome offer once you’ve been accepted for the card. After spending $5,000 on your new card in the first three months of membership, you can earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). This implies that once you’ve met the bonus’s minimum spending criteria, you’ll have at least 85,000 miles. Even at a low 1 cent per point valuation, that’s $850 in Delta SkyMiles in the first few months of owning the card. However, SkyMiles are likely to be worth more than that, so this incentive may well be worth more than $1,000 in travel. If you travel Delta frequently, the extra MQMs will help you advance to the next level of elite status even faster.
This valuable card, the Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card, comes with a wide range of advantages, benefits, and perks for its’ customers. When you own one of these cards, you will gain access to the following perks:
- After spending $30,000 on the card in a calendar year, you can receive 15,000 MQMs (up to four times). And if you spend another $30,000 each calendar year in 2021, you’ll get another 3,750 MQMs (up to four times). Typically, you can gain MQMs by flying. However, MQMs earned by spending will help you reach Delta elite status faster.
- Spending categories: For every dollar spent directly with Delta, customers may gain 3X miles, and for every dollar spent on all other qualified transactions, you can receive 1X mile.
- If you spend at least $25,000 with the Delta Reserve card that year, you can waive the Medallion Qualifying Dollar (MQD) criteria for Delta elite membership (up to Platinum level).
- Fee for the first checked bag on Delta flights: You can get one free checked bag for up to nine passengers on the same travel itinerary when you pay with your Delta Reserve card. Cardholders can save up to $240 on a round-trip airfare for a family of four with this benefit.
- The Delta Card offers its’ customers travel insurance coverage, including trip delays, Trip cancellations, rental car insurances, and even luggage insurance.
- Upgrade priority over other Medallion members in the same status level when flying Delta: When you fly Delta, you will receive upgraded priority over other Medallion members in the same status level.
- Access to the Delta SkyClub and American Express Centurion Lounges is free with the Delta Reserve. On the other hand, the Centurion Lounge is only available when you book your ticket with your Reserve card. In terms of the Delta SkyClub, you’ll get two guest passes each year to utilize with friends or family when flying.
- TSA PreCheck/Global Entry credit: The Delta Reserve card also offers a $100 account credit that may be used to spend for either service. Global Entry costs $100 for a five-year subscription that includes TSA PreCheck privileges.
- Companion certificate for the year: Consider it a “buy one, get one free” deal. You may invite a friend or family member when you book the Main Cabin, Comfort+, or First Class ticket on Delta, and all you have to do is pay the taxes for the second person. However, this certificate is only valid for travel within the continental United States.
Delta skymiles reserve American express card annual fee
You need a $550 annual fee for the Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card. But do you know? That this specific card does not have any foreign transaction fees. If you are planning to carry on the balance of this month to the next, this card might not be for you as it has a high interest rate, and it will be pretty expensive to pay back.
To avoid accumulating interest, you should consider a credit card with a 0% introductory Annual Percentage Rate Offer(APR). Bank would charge a late fee of up to $40 from you, If you are late on your payments. Compared with other travel cards, the Delta card and the other travel card were almost the same, but depending on the person and how they use the travel card, the choice might change. So you always have to check the offers and compare each available option before applying for one.
Who can benefit the most from a Delta American Express card?
The Delta American Express card is best for enthusiastic travelers who want a luxurious and comfortable flying experience. Also, when you are traveling and selecting airports to fly from and to. Better to check whether they have Amex Centurion Lounge or Delta SkyClub at that location. Because if they do not have these, you might not be able to get the maximum benefits of your card. The Delta Reserve Amex might be a fantastic option for you if you already have it. Or else you are considering numerous rewards credit cards. However, because the card only rewards Delta transactions worth more than one point per dollar. It’s better to use it in conjunction with another rewards card. Keep the Reserve for the travel advantages alone while putting most of your spending on another card to optimize your points gain.
Is the Delta Reserve worth it?
This card is definitely worth the price you pay. If you are a frequent and an avid traveler who can get the maximum benefit from the card. Here, it includes all the lounge access.
Is the Delta Reserve card metal?
Yes, the card is metal
What is the credit limit on the Delta Reserve Card?
Credit limits would be up to $50,000.
What is the Annual Percentage Rate of the Card?
15.74% to 24.74% variable APR
Recommended Credit Score to own this card?
We need an excellent credit score between 690 to 850. If you have a bad credit score, you will not be able to apply for this card. You would not be able to negotiate either. So, we recommend having the said score or above. So, in conclusion, the Delta Reserve American Express card is impressive and valuable. If you are a person who regularly flies with Delta Airlines, this card is a good option for you. The benefits it comes with are worth it. However, make sure you compare all the available card options. There can be another card might have benefits that might fit your criteria.