Hi guys! So this article is for people who are curious to know about the Premium Travel credit card. Recently Capital one releases Venture X – Premium Travel Credit Card. So I’m going to start straightly by giving a brief intro. And then, let’s see their new futures.
Why do you need Venture X Premium Travel Credit Card?
The new Capital One releases Venture X Premium Travel Credit Card. It is a fantastic premium credit card with amazing features and travel insurance. In addition, it has a large welcome bonus and statement credits. Further, it can help offset the $395 annual cost, which is significantly less than similar premium cards. If you are someone who wants to apply, you can apply now. They have open the applications process. Anyway, as I think before you apply, you must know their benefits. You also must compare this New Capital One Venture X credit card with other best credits cards for travelling in 2021. It would helpful for you to see it’s benefits and to know whether it is worth applying Venture X.
Benefits of Venture X – Premium Travel Credit Card
Benefit No 1- Welcome offer
- This is for individuals who can hit the $10,000 spending goal in the first six months. Based on the recent changes to transfer ratios, Venture X’s welcome offer is quite advantageous.
- In addition, in their first year, cardholders will get up to $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases made through Airbnb and VRBO.
- Some travelers may be put off by the $10,000 in spending required to qualify for the bonus. And with good reason: credit cards are serious business. Also no one should place any expenses on a credit card more than $10,000. If they can’t afford to pay off right away.
However, over the course of six months, that works out to slightly over $1,600 each month. So guys, hurry up. Because Capital One has stated that this offer will only be available for a limited period. Further, they did not disclose any end date yet.
Benefit No 2- A Travel Allowance of $300 Per year
- Venture X cardholders will receive up to a $300 travel credit every year of card membership. You can use it on Booking tickets.
- In addition, you Can simply book travel with your card using the new advanced Capital One Travel platform. Then you’ll refund up to $300 on all purchases.
Currently, the portal allows you to book flights, hotels, and car rentals. In addition, it includes price prediction, price monitoring, and price drop protection that aren’t available on rival sites.
Benefit No 3- Anniversary Bonus
Venture X comes with a one-of-a-kind bonus that cardholders will automatically receive without having to plan ahead of time, the anniversary bonus of 10,000 points. After paying your yearly fee, you’ll earn 10,000 extra Venture miles every year on your account anniversary. These miles are worth at least $100 toward travel. They might be worth much more if you use the Capital One Transfer partners.
Benefit No 4- Capital One Lounge & Priority Pass Lounge Access
- Capital One Travel is a new, more intelligent method to book flights, hotels, and car rentals. Get excellent deals with tools like flight price prediction.
- This may save you up to 15% on tickets by informing you when it’s time to purchase.
- You’ll also get a partial refund. You need to book when Capital One Travel recommends. Then the price of your flight drops later.
- This isn’t the only method to save money. Capital One Travel also matches or beats hotel rates from Expedia and other sites on a regular basis. You can also obtain a refund for the difference. You need to book via Capital One Travel and discover a lower price on another site within 24 hours.
- In addition, capital One Venture X cardholders will have free access to the latest Capital One Lounges. It is the first of which debuted last week in Dallas-Fort Worth, and more are on the way shortly. It’s the only credit card that gives you admission to the Capital One lounges for free.
- When you book with Capital One Travel, you’ll receive additional benefits. You can use those towards future travel. Those benefits can be capital One Travel offers 10X miles on hotels and rental cars, capital One Travel offers 5X miles on flights, everything else earns you 2X miles.
- You’ll also get a full Priority Pass membership, granting you access to over 1,200 airport lounges worldwide.
- Venture X member, you’ll enjoy free meals in Priority Pass restaurants, which is an advantage that other cards don’t provide.
While almost all of these contract lounges aren’t as lovely as the new Capital One facility, they have such a large footprint that getting into one is considerably easier no matter where you’re traveling.
Benefit No 5- Credit for Global Entry or PreCheck
- Capital One Venture X is the latest in a long credit card line that offers a $100 credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. Both programs have a five-year membership period, and Venture X cardholders will receive this credit every four years.
- If you want to travel internationally, consider getting Global Entry, which includes a TSA PreCheck membership. The Venture X credit card’s $100 statement credit will cover the whole cost of your membership for as long as you keep the card open.
This benefit quickens your re-entry to the United States after a trip overseas and includes TSA PreCheck, making it the best option. In addition, you can use this advantage to pay for somebody else’s application cost and get reimbursed if you are already a member of one of these trusted traveler programs.
Benefit No 6- Primary car rental insurance
So in this, when you rent a car with your Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card and refuse the rental company’s collision damage waiver, you will be insured for damage from an accident or theft on most cars in the United States and overseas.
Benefit No 7- Travel accident insurance
When you use the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card to pay for your air, bus, boat, or rail tickets, you will cover for accidental death or dismemberment up to $1,000,000. So this gives you protection when you are traveling.
Benefit No 8 – Trip Cancellation and Interruption Coverage
Via this benefit, You, your spouse, and any dependent children are covered for up to $2,000 per person in expenditures if something significant goes wrong on your vacation, such as an accident, illness, or death, forcing you to cancel or cut it short. That’s on pace with some of the greatest credit card travel insurance coverage we’ve ever seen. Simply use your Venture X Card to pay for your journey.
Benefit No 9- Trip delay reimbursement
When you pay for your ticket with your Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, you and your family members can reimburse up to $500 per person for reasonable expenditures. Those expenses include hotel accommodations, meals, toiletries, or clothing if your flight is delayed overnight or for more than six hours.
Benefit No 10- Lost luggage reimbursement
Imagine your luggage is damaged and it’s not your fault at all. What can we do now? Buying new luggage is costly. This is where this benefit will be useful to you. If your luggage is damaged or lost by the airline, you and your family members may be protected for up to $3,000 per covered travel if you purchased your tickets with the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
Benefit No 11- Cell phone protection
This benefit includes the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card for the primary cardholder and any authorized users.
Benefit No 12- Return protection
If you wish to return an eligible item purchased with your Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, but the store won’t accept it, you’re eligible for return protection within 90 days of purchase. Up to $300 per item is covered, with a $1,000 limit per account per year.
Benefit No 13- Purchase protection
Suppose an eligible item purchased with the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is destroyed or stolen within 90 days of purchase. In that case, you may be eligible for up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account in compensation.
Benefit No 14- Extended Warranty
By this benefit, if you buy with the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, a US manufacturer’s warranty on qualifying products is extended for an extra year on warranties of three years or less.
Benefit No 15- Travel and emergency assistance services
You can obtain aid with medical and legal referrals, translation services, and other emergency responders. This service is free, but you are responsible for any third-party fees.
Benefit No 16- No Foreign Exchange Fees
Without paying any fees, travel the world. When making purchases outside the US, you will not charge any international transaction fees.
Benefit No 17- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle Status
Hertz President’s Circle membership is free for Venture X cards. Enroll online to avoid lines at the rental counter, choose from Hertz’s largest fleet, and receive guaranteed upgrades. So these are some of the future they have in this Capital One Venture credit card. Isn’t it awesome, guys? What do yall think?! For me, this sounds super awesome. When compared to other high-end travel credit cards, this one comes out on top. That is because their annual fee is much cheaper and also their benefits are great. That $395 price may appear high, but it’s a ruse: it’s actually much less. Consider the fact that you’ll earn a $300 credit per year when you book travel through the Capital One Travel portal. Then, beginning in year two, you’ll receive a 10,000-point bonus each year – points worth at least $100.
Are you the type of person who plans to travel for $300 or more every year?
If that’s the case, do the calculations, and you will find that you are spending $95 (or less) every year for this card. And if you don’t spend $300 or more on vacation each year, this isn’t the card for you. And also, there is no cost to add authorized users, unlike other premium credit cards. You may add up to four authorized users for free, each of which will have their own lounge access and be able to bring in up to two friends. So after knowing their benefits, now you must be wondering who can get the Venture X card.
Who can get the Venture X – Premium Travel Credit Card?
Capital One says you’ll need an outstanding credit score to get accepted for the Venture X card. Those with a credit score of at least 740 have the highest chance of getting authorized.
Do you already own a Venture or VentureOne Card?
According to one source, current cardholders will be able to apply for the new Venture X Card or simply upgrade without difficulty. In addition, there are no restrictions on how many Venture cards you may have, unlike Chase and its Sapphire Card portfolio.
Capital one guidelines towards accepting the credit cards
Capital One has a history of being one of the more stringent (and secretive) credit card issuers when it comes to deciding who gets accepted and who doesn’t. While they don’t post any explicit guidelines like the Chase 5/24 rule, research suggests that customers who have established five or more credit cards in the previous 24 months (from any bank) will have difficulty getting accepted for Capital One card products. However, there are countless examples of accepted people right away despite having previously obtained another Capital One card.
Can have two Capital One personal credit cards at the same time?
There was also a notion that you couldn’t have more than two Capital One personal credit cards at the same time in the past (excluding co-brand cards). Several data points imply this is no longer a policy. Still, I wouldn’t place much stock in it, especially because there have been stories of people getting authorized with more than two personal Capital One cards. In this case, it doesn’t appear like there are any hard-and-fast regulations regarding Capital One card acceptance, which is lovely news. Now let’s see how we can compare this card.
Compare Venture X Vs other Travel credit cards
There are various beneficial travel cards available with no annual charge, but you’ll discover that they provide fewer points and may have limited redemption possibilities.
- The Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, and Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card are just a few of the cards with cheaper annual fees if you move up a level.
- On the other hand, the extra $300 for Venture X may be worth it for regular travelers because of the added features. For example, if you utilize the $300 travel credit, you’ll have already paid for more than three-quarters of the price.
- Compared to other premium cards, Venture X is less expensive than the Chase Sapphire Reserve and American Express’s Platinum Card. However, both provide substantial yearly credits and other useful benefits, with the Chase Sapphire Reserve offering $300 in annual travel credits.
- In addition, the 100,000-mile sign-up incentive on Venture X is more than competitive in this market.
Why do you think Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card’s annual fee is good?
So as I said before, The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, in particular, offers nearly everything you’d expect from a premium travel credit card while still having the lowest annual fee of the lot. The annual charge on most other premium travel cards is north of $450, so $395 is a terrific deal. It also offers enough yearly perks ($300 in Capital One Travel bookings, plus $100 in anniversary bonus points) to cover the annual price comfortably. The only caveat is that you’ll have to book some trips through the Capital One Travel portal to get the most out of your statement credits and miles. The gateway may limit your options. For redemptions, the transfer partners are also a decent alternative. However, the lack of hotel partners and local airlines may make this card less interesting to rookie and domestic travelers. The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card may be a nice way to break into the premium travel credit card field at a cheaper price point for those willing to take a chance on a developing travel rewards program.
How we can maximize their perks?
So now, let’s see how we can maximize their perks in a nutshell. To begin, make sure you take advantage of all the reward-earning chances and credits available.
- When it comes to earning incentives, the welcome bonus is the low-hanging fruit. With a $1,000 value, it effectively covers your yearly charge for over two years.
- When you include in the $200 statement credit for vacation rentals, $ 300 for reservations made through the Capital One travel site, and $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. You’ll be far ahead in your first year—but only if you fulfill the welcome bonus criterion and use all of the credits. If you do nothing else, you will earn $1,205 in incentives and benefits the first year.
- However, if you earn more points by using this card for travel purchases, you’ll be able to get a lot more bang for your buck by accumulating miles. You can redeem these points on the travel site or can transfer to travel partners.
- You’ll still get the $300 credit for Capital One Travel reservations after the first year. As well as you can earn 10,000 extra miles on your anniversary (worth $100 toward travel), putting you in the black at $5.
This simply implies that you won’t need to spend a lot each year to meet the card’s annual cost. However, spend and redeem as much as possible on vacation. Hence It is the best method to get the most out of this card. I guess you guys have a sound idea about the Capital One Venture X credit card. I hope now you can decide whether applying for this card is worth it or not. So it is all about the Capital One Venture X credit card. I hope you enjoyed your time spent reading this.